Søndag, 28 maj 2017

History of Stovringgaard

Støvringgård was in 1319 and 1328 owned by ridder Palle Jensen (Juel), whose daughter probably was married to hr. Niels Bugge of Hald (+ 1359), his son-in-law hr. Christen Vendelbo (+ ab. 1400) owned S. and his daughter Else is written to it 1440 and 1442. She was married 1) to Axel Jepsen (Thott), 2) to Lyder Holck, who in 1429 and 1432 is written to S.; the farm was inherited by the son Jep Axelsen (Thott) and after his death ab. 1455 came S. first to the son-in-law Jørgen Krumpen, who is written to it 1464 (and probably also 1466: Christen Krumpen), then (1469 and 1470) Erik Pedersen (Glob) and from 1472 is Axel Jepsen Thott( + ab. 1488) written to it. His widow Margrethe Andersdatter Bjørn owned S. still in 1499, but in 1505 and 1509 is her brother Jep Andersen Mus (Bjørn ) written to it, then (1522) the brother rigsråd Jakob Andersen Bjørn (+ ab. 1525), his son Anders Jakobsen (+ ab. 1540), Jakob Bjørn's widow Margrethe Poulsdatter (Fikkesen?), who still lived in 1551 and the daughter Dorte Bjørn (+ ab. 1564), widow after Oluf Glob of Vellumgård. A son of her cousin, Erik Kaas (Sparre-K.)( + 1578) inherited S., which then came to his sons Niels Kaas of Birkelse (+ 1629) and rigsråd Mogens Kaas of Restrup (+ 1656), and later shared among last mentioned's 7 children, whose creditors later got the farm.

Later owners: bishop Hans Svane's heirs and Thomas Fuiren, Marschalk, Harboe, In a will of 1735 was by Christine Fuiren established a jomfrukloster of Støvring for one prioress and 12 jomfruer (frøkener), all daughters of men from the first 5 ranks. The rules have been modernized. Administration: Aarhus Stift. the main building is listed in class A. It was built in the time of the brothers Niels and Mogens Kaas.

Names in the Middle Ages and 1600s:

Støvring (* 1319 Stifringh); Åstrup (1608 Aastrup); Støvringgård (1324 Stiuringh, 1470 Støffringard).

Source: from the blog "Church & Manor in Denmark" efter Trap Danmark 1963.